[RC] bog spavin? or in wrong place? - Karla Watson

My new gelding has a swelling that I thought might be a bog spavin but its not on the sides of his hocks. The swelling is in front of the hock, where the leg makes a crook, like the inside of your elbow? So where the hock sticks out, you look at the other side of the hock where it makes a turn in and that is where the swelling is. Would that be considered a bog spavin? I looked it up and it said on the sides of the hock. It is not on the sides. He is not lame, the swelling is soft and not very warm. I think he may have been kicked or may have happened when we went into a very boggy spot in the trail that he sort of fell into and climbed to get out of. Any ideas? It did not go down with light exercise.
---------Karla