[RC] Abuse - Kim Hudson

It's sad that we as a society have to resort to so many rules and regs. to protect the innocent from a few " bad eggs"  that ruin things for all of us.  It seems that this is just the way things are evolving.  I never cease to be amazed at the total lack of a "moral compass" in a great number of people these days.

I hate more rules, but if that's what it takes to protect the horses (at least while they are at one of our rides) then I am willing to abide.

The extra time it takes to travel via commercial air due to heightened security is a perfect example, but I don't complain because it does make me feel safer.

I'm glad that this is being discussed, because I have been very distressed by some of the abuse I have seen in this sport in the very short time that I have been a part of it.

I don't know what the answers are, but if we continue to look the other way, then we are no better than the abuser himself.

Kim