Re: [RC] Maybe it,s just me???? - Barbara McCrary

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 8:07 AM
Subject: [RC] Maybe it,s just me????

Is it just me or is RIDECAMP getting more & more annoying to read???? Why is it necessary to constantly reprint everyone elses posts OVER & OVER & OVER. Are we all so stupid we can,t follow the drift of the conversation without having to read it all again???? John & Steph have ask a number of times just to copy a sentence or the title. If someone gets lost they can,t check archives.
On the other hand, I have opened e-mails from ridecamp that didn't reference the original topic, and I hadn't a clue what the person was referring to.  I suggest short snatches of the original topic, so as to jog memory.

  And as long as I,m on here I would like to go on record saying I thinks LD is the ruination of endurance.  It all started just to make money to pay the bills for the real rides, very sad. If you can,t go the distance, ride slowly for a 1/2 a 50 then withdraw. train your horse at home for free. Go on pleasure rides to get the group experience. Buy a made horse. Do CTR,s. Sorry,just my opinion. jvm
There is some truth to what you say, but I also think there is merit in LD rides...AS LEARNING EXPERIENCES.  Therefore, I would propose dropping ALL year-end recognition for LD rides and no BCs or positions of any sort recognized at the ride itself, other than completion.  This would allow riders who do ONLY LDs to continue doing so, but since LDs by definition are NOT endurance rides, they would not be recognized in the year-end awards.  I think keeping track of the mileage would be important, however.

Barbara

See what's new at http://www.aol.com