[RC] RE : Ultium - Paul

I have fed Ultium for about a year now. My goal was to keep weight on Piper, and to refuel him between and during rides. It has worked great for that.  The only problem we have had with it was that when you try to make a sloppy mash, it turns into  sludge.  So I usually add beet pulp, crimped oats, chopped alfalfa, and another Purina product  " Race Ready" (8% fat) to keep the texture more palatable.  He seems to not like the taste of Ultium alone at rides, but when I add the other stuff, he eats it fine.  But in true endurance horse fashion, his favorite feed at vet checks is "SOH Brand"  (Some Other Horses)

As far as making him crazy, It doesn't. We rode Tevis and the OD 100 with only a cheap nylon halter for headgear, ( no bit or bridle) as well as just about every other ride we entered this year.  He is always mellow and controlled at the start.

Paul Sidio
Piper " Could I have another helping please?"
Spokane MO