[RC] A perfect illustration - endurance as spectator sport - Sharon Hahn

I don't think endurance is a very good spectator sport compared to your typical dressage or jumping event where you take your seat in the grandstand and watch the action unfurl, complete with an announcer to explain everything.

I DO think that endurance would make a good reality TV show if properly filmed and edited.  You could have the trials and tribulations of several horse and rider teams as they strive to complete the Tevis Cup, for instance - including helmet cam footage and interviews with the riders, pit crew, vets, etc.  Just look how many people watched The Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers - Ice Road Truckers was good even though it's main subject was unattractive, bundled up men driving trucks 15 mph alone through the middle of nowhere, for heaven's sake!

RE: [RC] A perfect illustration - Lori Bertolucci

Question...how would one make endurance a true spectator sport? That seems to be the big question...
I can't imagine anyone wanting to ride 50+ miles on a track the size that would accomidate spectators.

Lori

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?