[RC] Skymont...the rest of the story - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok, so all you poor peeps out here in RC land heard Angie's version of Skymont.  And true, what she wrote was reported to the best ablities of someone who *really* wanted to ride, (even if on a pot bellied horse that would have been stuck between trees) than to be standing around watching all of us have fun.  BUT, it isn't what she posted....it is WHAT she DIDN'T post.

Poor Dumb Aries, (Dumby to most folks in the SE) was at the ride and for the first time on the Hi-Tie.  Well, Dumby is a good girl in that she really TRIES to do what you want her to...she just can't help that she rode the short bus to school.  So, the first night, and it was COLD, Dumby and Rose are on the Ties,  I have taken my sleeping pills, Joni and I have gone to bed in the nice warm trailer.  Ponies have the hay/water and all is good. Right??? Until around 3 am.  When Dumby starts to scream and yell.  Then she starts to violently rock the trailer.  Now, Joni, she sleeps like a rock.  That kid has NEVER before woke up during the night.  But, even Joni wakes up to about a 7.6 earthquake.  The trailer is lurching one way, then flopping back in place.  Dumby is lunging on the Hi-Tie and hollering.  I open the window in the trailer and yell out at her, "Stop it Stupid  !!!"  "Shut up Dumby !!!"  Nothing.  She keeps doing it, and keeps rocking the trailer.  SO, guess who had to get out of the warm bed and put on some shoes, coat and go out in the COLD.  ME.  I ended up having to feed her and Rose to shut up Stupid Aries.  So, back in and to bed I go.   Next morning, Angie comes cheerfully over to knock on the door and make sure that we wake up.  I tell her step inside.  She does, then I ask her, "Angie, did you hear that stupid Aries last night??  She was rocking the trailer and screaming and acting like an idiot.  I had to get up and feed to shut her up"   To this, Angie starts to look sheepish and grin.  Then she admits, that she went out to feed Cade, and didn't think anything of it when I had said this past week that I feed at 3am at rides.  And that when she started feeding that Aries started wanting to eat too, and thus the rocking, screaming fit she did.  THEN, Angie says that when she heard me yelling at the horse to shut up, that she immediately turned off the flashlight and sneaked out of sight so I wouldn't know it was her that started the riot on the Hi-Tie.  She should have just never admitted it.  Poor Dumby could have taken ALL the blame.

Disclaimer for those at future rides.  I agree it is best to feed at 3am.  And I do IF I AM AWAKE.  But if not....I don't.

Jody