Re: [RC] Bump on Pastern, buy the horse or not? - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

I am sorry to be a stickler here but I have always been taught by (Bazy Tankersley, Shiela Varian, Jean Pacheco to name a few) - breed the best to the BEST!  Never start with anything that has a fault of any type.  You do not know to what might be attributed to genetic disorders that can and will show up in offspring.  Whether that is immediate or a couple of generations down the line.   I learned this the hard way after buying (at a very large sum of money) a Prince Fa Moniet mare.  The first foal out of her had a genetic blood disorder that I found out, after the fact, that runs in a major Egyptian bloodline!

So, I have a tendency to follow the advise of the best of the best and never to buy a horse with any fault or problem that might possibly show up down the line - somewhere!

D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson