Re: [RC] guns - Susan

I totally agree with your ex-marine (can you be an EX Marine?) expert marksman.  I carry a .40 (mainly).  Mine is a sub compact but is still rather large.  Any suggestions for a small gun that still has enough "whoa"?

Along that line, is a vest about the only way to conceal a large side arm?  The big tee shirt won't work for me.  Once the shirt gets too big it brings about other problems for my modesty.

Do you other "heat packers" train your horses to stand quietly while being shot off of?  I had no problems with the .22 but the larger / louder calibers are a different story.  Charlie will stand but he doesn't like the loud noise.  I can't blame him!

Sbolinge@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am guessing those who carry guns when riding carry them in case that have to shoot a wild man-eating animal, a human being or an injured horse.  Which means the type of gun and caliber is important, i.e. big enough to do the job.(wouldn't think and 22 would serve much of a purpose) Purpose always dictates caliber my ex-marine expert marksman told me. So what type of gun and caliber are you heat packers packing?

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, The Princess of Pink
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)