Re: [RC] [RC] GENERATORS - Beth Walker

I would have to go along with this -- my horse is also a slow eater. ?If I fed him just an hour ahead of time, he isn't going to finish in time. ?What distance the person is riding doesn't have anything to do with it - if your horse needs the extra time, you feed according to that. ?

That said - I always try to feed enough loose hay the night before so that he can't finish it all. ?All I need to give him in the morning are his supplements. ?It still takes him forever - only horse I know that takes 1/2 hour to eat 3 pounds of pelleted hay / rice bran. ?If it is mixed with beet pulp, it takes him even longer.