Re: [RC] GENERATORS - Truman Prevatt

There is a really nice equestrian facility in the planning stages in North Florida. They had a special event to show off what they have done so far a couple weekends ago. Mostly trail riders there but the noise from the generators was pretty bad about dinner time and in the morning.

The good news was it was not cold - actually quite pleasant weather - so they were not a problem at night since most people were around the campfire.

I think we need a set of "Ethical Standards for the Use of Generators." So here goes the start of the list.

1) Any Generator with the name of "Big Boy", "The Man", "Big Man" shall never be turned on.
2) No generators shall be used to power blow dryers - you gals can just let your hair air dry.
3) No generator after 8 PM - the hell with 10 PM - people want to go to sleep by the night sounds not the sounds of engines churning. The only exception to this is ride management and/or treatment vets.
4) Buy a good sleeping bag. I have one I used in Snow Caves in the CO Rockies in the winter - I don't need a heater. (I also got dressed and fixed my breakfast in a Snow Cave in the CO Rockies in the winter without a generator - it can be done).

Any one else want to add to the list?

Truman

Normanjudyv@xxxxxxx wrote:
*/I,M WITH ANGIE, I WANT TO HEAR ALL THE NITE SOUNDS, HORSES, BIRDS, COYOTES HOWLING, MY HORSE HAPPILY CHEWING. I,VE SPENT MORE THAN A FEW MISERABLE NITES & EARLY MORNINGS LISTENING TO LOUD GENERATORS. JVM/*

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics