Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

RE: [RC] [RC] Fw: HELP! Need a connection in CA... - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

Susan Garlinghouse DVM may know who is caring for any equine burn 
victims..but as far a the people stuff..no clue??

What I need is a contact in California where we can send it, who can get it

to those who need it.   Can you help me?  Do you know of someone or an 

I would start with California Veterinary Medical Association
www.cvma.net/Default.asp (they have an active Disaster Response Team in
place in So Cal) and go from there, simply because of the sheer size of the
regions affected and the number of vets and facilities involved.  There are
a lot of solo practitioners out in the field as well in the San Diego areas,
and lots more in the Orange County, Arrowhead, Malibu, Castaic, and Canyon
Country areas.   

A few specific facilities in the San Diego area directly in the fire zones
would be:
East County Large Animal Practice eclapvets@xxxxxxx 619-561-4661;
San Luis Rey Equine www.slreh.com 760-726-4566;
Helen Woodward Animal Center (adoption center, therapeutic riding center and
animal hospitals) www.animalcenter.org 858 756 4117;

The primary equine hospital immediately in the Malibu and Castaic areas is
Humphrey Giacopuzzi and Associates in Somis 805-386-4291

Most of these practices either had to be evacuated themselves (Helen
Woodward had to move over 400 animals), or had vets/staff that evacuated, so
be patient if they're a bit frazzled.

Thanks for the offers of help, I'm sure they'll be appreciated.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM


Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net.
Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp
Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp

Ride Long and Ride Safe!!