[RC] Coggins - Kearby, Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/IS

The thing about coggins is, it doesn’t take a state vet to ask for it.  The hi-way patrol can ask for it.  In Oklahoma the local police can ask for it.  In Oklahoma it’s against the law to move a horse off your property without one.  If you are on the way to the vet to get one the police may follow you.

If you don’t have one your horse can be quarantined you have to pay for the cost of that and it is kept till the test comes back.

Now it’s not often that police stop horse trailers, but with a recent flurry of horse thefts they are looking more often, thank goodness.  Too if you are stopped for a traffic violation and give the police a hard time or cause to ‘pile things on’ this is something they can do.

My thoughts and hopes about coggins cert is not only is it protecting our dear horses from something terrible, and I’ve had friends deal with this, I hope it means these horses that are out in public are seeing a vet at least once a year and therefore maybe are pretty healthy other wise.