Re: [RC] Proving Stallions (or mares for that matter) - desertrydr1

I had an Anglo-Arab mare that was a Spectacular Bid grand daughter out of my PB Arab mare that I started in LD's with.  She was a wonderful horse, I took dressage lessons on her, and my instructor always wanted me to show because she had such nice movement.  She did a bunch of LD's and 2 50's.  Tehre would have been more, but we had a few accidents over the last five years that kept us from getting there (most of them mine, BTW).  She produced a really nice 1/2 Shagya colt for me last year who is heading for 16H fast!  I bred him to be a sport horse also, his daddy had dressage training, and is very athletic.

Always lots of hope for the TB stallions to produce good sporthorses from good mares, even if the babies wouldn't be fast enough for the track.  Only problem with my Anglo mare is she inherited her daddy's feet, which weren't that great, and she needed shoes to compete.  jeri