RE: [RC] andalusian crosses - Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM

Wasn’t meant to be criticism of any one in particular’s breeding program, individual standards of ‘proven’, or anything else other than an observation of the dichotomy between  ‘able to do endurance’ and ‘too valuable to actually do so.’  As I said, only my personal opinion.  So let me rephrase it as a continuing and profound respect for the many athletic and valuable breeding stallions of different breeds who complete thousands of AERC miles, compete at Gran Prix eventing, Prix St. George dressage, and other highly athletic and demanding disciplines.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jackie Causgrove
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:35 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] andalusian crosses

I believe what the poster was refering to ( we've emailed a bit back and forth privately), is that she doesn't want to risk the horse due to it's value.  She didn't say that her horse(s) were not otherwise proven in their areas of discipline.    And would probably agree to your position over all.

She is capable of speaking for herself, I am sure.  However, that is my undestanding from emailing with her.

Thanks

Jackie

"Susan E. Garlinghouse, DVM" <suendavid@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Any of my Andalusian horses could do endurance but you won't see them out there, they are much too valuable back home creating more babies.

Speaking ONLY for myself, I have a problem with the concept that a breeding animal is too valuable just making more babies to first or concurrently prove themselves in high-end performance BEFORE putting them into a breeding shed.