[RC] Elektric - spiritwoodfarm@xxxxxxxxxx

Elektric the Wonder Horse.

Taught me so many, many things about horses.
That Natural Horsemanship really does work.
That I can still train a horse to be a wonderful friend.
That four white stockings are gorgeous.
That a beautiful mind gets bored easily if not challenged.
That Arabians can be sane, sensible and trustworthy.
That friendship with a horse must be earned.
That liver chestnut is now my favorite color.
That horses can have a sense of humor.
That a life with horses is never boring!
That riding a galloping horse in the dark is a gift.
That I can canter for miles without ever touching the reins.
That crossing the Shenandoah river by glowsticks at night is magic!
That a horse can be competitive whose entire career was ridden in a halter.
That I can recognize his voice from among many others.
That an Asgard mountain horse is the BEST EVER!
That stoicism is not necessarily a good thing.
That a horse who loves his job wants to go on through anything!
That I understand and recognize the "look of eagles" in his eye.
That the most valiant can be unexpectedly fragile.
That a tiny insect can become the "straw that broke the camel's back".
That even in pain he still wants to go running with his friends.
That the hardest thing to bear is when the mind wants to go on but the body
can't.
That putting an end to his constant pain is the hardest thing I'v ever had
to do.

Asgard gave him his great heart, endless spirit, and joy of living.

Today he earned his wings!

I will be listening for the sound of his hoofbeats in heaven.
Now he is trotting the Rainbow trail and I know he will be there looking
for me.
I know I will be seeing him again someday

Life is short, Ride your best horse first!

Becky Supinger, AERC# 20132
October 11, 2007
Elektric (the Wonder Horse)
7/3/98 - 10/11/2007.

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE