RE: [RC] [RC] What pads for concussion/shoeing - Ranelle Rubin

Out West, Delta carries a green pad they call an "Impact Pad". I looked on their website, and all they list there are the shocktamers, but they do carry the pad I use, as I had to run over there once when my shoer was her and did not have the size we needed. It has a hole in the middle to let out sand and small rocks.

That is what I have used in the past. One thing I would avoid, are the pads with the built in wedge to elevate the heel. That kind of pad has caused me problems in the past.

Another option your friend may want to consider for this horse is to boot over his shoes for the hard surfaces. Funny thing is, when I went to the Delta site, I found they have a new boot out called, amazingly enough, "The Delta Boot"...They look interesting to say the least! They certainly have some cool features. Given that my 4 yr old will stay barefoot as long as possible to let his feet develop, I may have to try these:

http://www.deltahoofboot.com/features-benefits.html

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant http://www.rrubinconsulting.com Independent Dynamite Distributor raneller@xxxxxxx

916-663-4140 home office
916-718-2427 cellular