[RC] Pitifully thin - Joell Dunlap

We just "found" the neighbor's horse emaciated and weak.  He seems to be about 20ish, Tb gelding.  No temp, no wounds, no apparent discomfort.  Was standing in a field with two other horses who were in good condition.  I've got photos if you want to see them.  He's about 225 lbs underweight but is in great spirits.  We are feeding him 4lbs of soaked hay pellets every 6x daily.  He eats everything.  His manure has gone from really loose (it looked like he had a bout with nasty diaharrea recently by what was caked on his tail and legs) to fully formed.  We brought him in on 10/10 and just today added 1oz corn oil to his ration 4 times per day.  The vet and dentist are on their way out.  Any other advice for how to help this poor guy?  He's sweet and kind and is very bright eyed in spite of his pitiful condition.