RE: [RC] Ariat Terrain Paddock Boots/Shoes for Running&Riding or RAT - Evelyn B./Patrick E. Allen

       Well this discussion is very timely as I have been thinking of
writing about my experiences with these new boots.
       I have been going to horse shows and rides for many years now in
just my regular shoes, sometimes tennis shoes too. At the end of the day I
am ready to cut my feet off at the ankles and toss them in the trash......my
feet and especially my toes hurt so bad from standing and walking on the
uneven ground all day long.
       They, (whoever...they...may be.) say that sooner or later you get
smarter. I had an...Aha...moment at the Warner Spring's Ride in January. I
finally connected the fact that the riders had to walk many miles on the
trails with their horses as well as ride in the same shoes. Maybe these
shoes could solve my problem.
       I made up my mind that if there was someone selling boots at the
convention I was going to buy a pair, regardless of the price, I was getting
that desperate. I bought my pair on the fly in passing from the restroom
back to my booth late Saturday afternoon. I usually wear an 8 1/2 but they
only had a 9. Quickly shoved my foot and was in heaven.
       I must admit to not wearing them until a ride in June but now won't
wear anything else at one. No smashed toes, no burning soles, no wobbly
ankles, no swollen feet, a much more secure feeling as I need to know where
I am stepping because of my knee problems.
       They do somewhat look like combat boots and I am a Mother, but
soooooo what! I have had several people comment about the wide toe box and
the two elastic gores on either side that definitely make it easy to get
them on. Comfort increases your.....endurance!
       My one dislike about them is the laces. I have to be very careful
about pulling on them as they have a tendency to cut my fingers. If I don't
get them laced up tight enough they squeak when I walk but once tight enough
there is no sound. I guess I will need to get some of the elastic laces.
       I also got a pair of those cushiony socks that...... Healthy as a
Horse..... sells, a bit pricey but worth the extra springy feel.
       Anyway that is my take on these new boots....from one who does not
ride or run, for that matter, but goes up, down, in and out of the motor
home steps and stands most all of the day at the rides.
       Evelyn Allen
www.justforhorsin-round.com