[RC] Ariat Terrain Paddock Boots - Kristen A Fisher

I have been meaning to give RC an review on the new Ariat Terrain Paddock
Boots - I have heard some people ask about them on RC [myself included] but
never seen a review. I decided to get a pair, and because I was getting feet
fulls of sand in my regular Terrains because they are so short and on a
short horse the sand has less distance to go to get in your shoes.

I really like them. They are clunkier than regular paddock boots [think,
"Your momma wears combat boots"] but not as wide as the regular Terrains.
They have a cap toe similar to paddock boots and so far it doesn't look like
they will "give" across the toe the way the regular ones do. I ordered my
regular size - 8.5 - and it fits perfectly. On the advise of RC I got size 8
in the regular Terrain and they fit perfectly. [And I have noticed some
catalogs now suggest you order 1/2 size smaller in regular Terrains.]

You do get the ankle support you would expect from a paddock boot, but they
are 10x more comfortable than a paddock boot as they have the same foot bed
as a Terrain. I will say in terms of running, I'd have to choose the regular
over the paddock just for better ankle movement, but neither of them are
great for doing a lot of running IMO.

Anyway, they get 2 thumbs up from me so far.
Kristen

My Ariat paddock boots would have done better in this
situation than the Terrains.  Terrains are comfy, but they
also don't have the support that the paddock boots give me,
so I feet feel more fatigued in the Terrains.

K.