[RC] stitching aged wounds - Tx Trigger

My horse did an ugly cut on his elbow about 2" long and we tried to treat without stitching, then a few days later, he caught the flap of skin, and ripped it open even more, to about a 4" V shaped wound. Took him to vet for that, and they stitched, cutting away the dead yucky edges of the first section he had done. Installed a small drain tube, and told me to keep him in a stall for a week to 10 days, he was not to lay down. So I set up a high line in the stall above him, and tied him, so he could walk, turn, but not lay down. Worked great. It healed well, never broke open because I did everything the vet instructed, and now you can only find the scar when he has a short summer coat.

This is the reason we will teach ours to stay on a stall alone once and awhile, while the others are in pasture. Never know when they might need to be on a medical leave from the pasture. AND, the reason all our will tie for days.
Jonni