RE: [RC] [RC] Finding your horse's "vital energy"????:-) - Ranelle Rubin

Chrystal,

I have a horse who we used to call "Mellow Fellow", and still do on training rides. When I get on him at the start of an "endurance ride", however, he has a new name. "Slow the %$# down Dammit" is his new name. I had to get him into a higher level of Myler bit after Washoe 50 in May of this year as a result. He pulled on me for the first 26 mile loop! The bit fixed that..even in the excitement of Tevis, he was great at the start..totally manageable..forward to be sure, but safe.

He is a pleasure to ride on training rides, although sometimes I have to put him in back of a faster horse on purpose as he is "dawdling"..but he paces himself so well at rides. He has top tenned twice and come in 11th once in his short career (some in well-attended rides of close to 100 riders)..and that was starting in the back and just keeping a steady pace..coming into the vet check down-straight to P/R, and then getting out of the vet check on time. I much prefer this kind of horse over one who burn himself out at the start, or who tears himself up on training rides. the bonus is he is relaxed in the vet checks and CHOWS his food.

Have a good time, and enjoy it while it lasts!

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx