Re: [RC] [RC] stitching aged wounds - Dawn Carrie

Yes, it's good for them to be able to be stalled without fussing when needed.  We have 7 horses and only two stalls...the stalls are only used for feeding one horse in the evening, then he is turned right back out.  And of course if a horse needs to be stalled for some injury (only had that happen once in 4 years, knock on wood), or if a friend's horse spends the night and they don't want them turned out with ours.  All of ours will at least tolerate being stalled...some like it less than others, but they all know that it won't kill them to be locked up for a few days.  We did stall our old guy (31) during rainy cold winter nights, but other than that, all are out in the weather 24/7, with a big run-in shed and plenty of trees for shelter.

Dawn Carrie, Texas