Re: [RC] [RC] Number of horses and riders in France - Kira Everhart-Valentin

Hi, Linda,

I can't speak much to numbers or even what all types of "trail"-associated organizations there are in France, but I can mention one that is out there, in case you are interested. It's called TREC (Techniques de Randonnee Equestre de Competition), and it's sort of a mixing pot of competitive trail, orienteering, trail class, dressage and depending on what level you're at, also includes some jumping/cross country sorts of elements. Here's their main Web site (sorry, no English, but lots of photos!):

 http://www.trec-france.com/index.php

But, here is a British site that explains the sport (perhaps in a language that is easier for many of us here in the ol' States):

A past champion of TREC lives pretty close to where my husband is from in France - it's actually pretty popular in the area from what I understand, and talking to some friends, a real blast to do. To me it requires a truly "well-rounded" horse and rider team more than just about any other horse sport I've seen out there.

Anyway, I suppose that doesn't really answer your question related to endurance number counts, but hopefully it's of interest to a few folks!

Kira Everhart-Valentin