RE: [RC] Number of horses and riders in France - Leonard.Liesens

Title: RE: [RC] Number of horses and riders in France

Something like 6 thousands. To become a rider, there is a qualification procedure, for sure. It is also very similar in Belgium. First, to get a licence, one has to succeed in a exam. Depending on the type of license (don't ask me the details because I don't know) requirements change.

-----Original Message-----
From: D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson [mailto:liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Mon 10/8/2007 5:34 PM
To: LIESENS Leonard (COMM); ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; FXLivestock@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   Number of horses and riders in France

So, Leonard, what is the total estimated number of
endurance riders for the country of France?  Is there
a qualification system to become a registered
endurance rider in France?

Angie, are you siting 6500 US riders as those that are
registered with AERC or NATRAC as well?  And are there
any other endurance organizations that compete in the
US and not under AERC and NATRAC auspices?

D'Arcy

--- Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> no no, not that much; 6000 riders is more
> appropriate for a total of approx 17,000 starts per
> year
>
> Leonard, Belgium
>
> From: FXLivestock@xxxxxxx
>
> Subject: [RC] Number of horses and riders in France
>
> Angie,
>
> From the numbers I have seen France has over 12,000
> endurance riders as
>
> compared to here which had about 6,500 in 2006. Look
> at the difference in
>
> numbers of riders when you compare the size of the
> country.

D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx