RE: [RC] Number of horses and riders in France - Leonard.Liesens

Title: RE: [RC] Number of horses and riders in France
The whole process is managed by the Federation according to its regulation. Nothing related with government. It is the same with other disciplines.

Leonard, Belgium

From: Linda Marins [mailto:coldeye22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 4:32 PM
To: LIESENS Leonard (COMM); ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Number of horses and riders in France

----- Original Message -----

Something like 6 thousands. To become a rider, there is a qualification procedure, for sure. It is also very similar in Belgium. First, to get a licence, one has to succeed in a exam. Depending on the type of license (don't ask me the details because I don't know) requirements change.

Is the license issued by the *governments*?  Or is there an association
that sanctions the rides and administers the tests and gives the qualified
people their "license" and has a rule that only people with a license
are allowed to enter a sanctioned ride?

That is, is the government involved in the rider licensing, or is it just
a private organization that basically has a rule that you have to pass
a test to become a participating member?

Linda Marins