Re: [RC] [RC] Appaloosa (w/o papers) on distance trail - CK - Magnumsmom

Ah... I see we are not signing our posts again.

Just FYI, "spaded" is not a word the way you
used it in your paragraph...  unless you mean
the deed was done with a shovel?

The reason I haven't joined the Appy distance
program yet is because my App isn't *quite*
ready yet... but my bones are all still intact
(knock on wood) and I hope to keep it that way.

After that point, it will depend on value to
very limited dollars.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
*****************
Regarding Marshall's response: You spay  the mare to get her registered ,
because she has unknown heritage,then she becomes an outstanding distance
performer .She is now  spaded and can't have a foal. And ,here we are looking
for proven horses to improve the bloodline....
This spaying/gelding rule is to prevent pintos, parrot mouths, monorcids, etc.
from cropping up from unknown horses added to the gene pool. Yet, it is OK to
have non-characteristic "Apps."  ( that Ain't no  APPALoOsa) shown in big
circuit shows.

See what's new at http://www.aol.com