[RC] Moonbeam Mule Returned - Roger Rittenhouse

Well, as in life - sometimes things do not go as planned or hoped for.
My quest to find a new ride of ANY type has failed again.
With all that has not gone well for me and my riding over the past 4 to 5 years, this latest failure is just par.

The mule was a sweet girl. The test ride did not show any major issues I felt I could not deal with.
However... long pause.

Our first ride here at home on Monday resulted in a major -almost dangerous incident.
Rather then go into the details lets just say she was not trained to the level I expected, to lead in hand at a walk past scary stuff.
A pull away bolt into the highway resulted in her almost getting hit and did result with me getting hurt. There was another incident at a sign where I got pulled to the ground. TWO strikes your out of here.

My FIRST tenet is the horse/mule must be safe and I must not get hurt...

The owner graciously agreed to take her back. We did not match as well as I thought.

I made a mistake, bought a young mule without MANY MANY miles and HOURS under saddle. Way too green for me.

We were VERY lucky with Carol's mule. Who was 6 and very green BUT did respond to us very fast and never did anything dangerous.
I was not so lucky this time.

So now I am looking again.

Today I rode two gaited mules. Riding gaited was so way cool and easy.

One is very nice BUT I am making no rash decision. This one is also young BUT was dead broke. Nothing phased it. It was owned , bred and trained by the same person. Was ridden in the show ring by an 10 YR OLD GIRL last year.
I have to think about him and go back to ride more. We may meet at a local horse camp and ride for a few hours.

Going to make sure this time... I hope.

AND yes I DO want a trail mule
--
Roger