RE: [RC] Perform and Win electrolyte - Paul

I switched to this electrolyte at the OD this summer. Previously it was a battle to force electrolyte down my horse Piper. After a while even I can get a bit smarter. Some folks have said P&W has extra stuff the horse don't need, or that it takes a larger dose to get all the stuff they need in them.. All I care is that more winds up inside the horse instead of outside the horse.

Being naturally lazy and unorganized, once I found out that Piper would eat it out of my hand, that ended having to make up pastes or mix it in feed. I offer it to him at Vet Checks, and either he wants some or doesn't. When he does want some, he licks my fingers clean. Not being a Vet expert, it seems like a good idea for me to have the horse regulate his electrolyte intake instead of me guessing what he needs and trying to cram it down his throat. I carry it loose in a sports bottle. Sometimes I get some too, and it hasn't killed me so far.

Paul Sidio
Piper
Spokane MO