[RC] Cold Shoulder - Bruce Weary DC

I am sorry for Keith's experience wherein he described other riders strategizing against him. If that happens again, please report it to the ride manager, and your regional director or DAL. Happily, as a gaited horse rider, I have found largely the opposite to be true regarding interest in gaited horses. I get good comments and questions whenever I am riding my foxtrotter. In fact, she has been the topic of interest in publications such as Equus and others, because of her gaiting qualities. I think that our sport, dominated as it is by Arabians, causes some to think only inside that box, and not able to see that other breeds can do this sport, and even be competitive. I also think that some aging baby boomers that are now just casual trail riders will be naturally attracted to endurance riding if they think they can be comfortable on the trail. I am seeing evidence of this already, especially in the LD ranks.
I am thinking of creating my own breed of endurance horse to maximize its desirable traits. I would like to cross a Missouri Foxtrotter with an Arabian and a Victoria's Secret model. I'm hoping to get a smooth horse, that has lots of stamina, doesn't eat much, and is nice to look at. I'll keep you all posted. ;-) Dr Q