Re: [RC] ride awards - Linda Marins

I'm still waiting for the first ride announcement here on Ridecamp
where the charity that will benefit is the Backcountry Horsemen of
America's Legal Fund.

You know, the only folks who will actually step up and sue the
US Forest Service when they close horse trails for flimsy
reasons.  Or maybe the Equestrian Land Conservation Resource
(a real 501(c)3).  Or Envirohorse.  Or your local trail system's
maintenance fund.  Or anything that actually has to do with
keeping the trail you rely on open to you.

Breast cancer, therapeutic riding, childrens' hospitals, all are
nice and warm and fuzzy and easy to sell, but in my book,
charity needs to begin at home.

Linda Marins
(Sorry, but this happens to hit one of my all-time hot buttons.)