RE: [RC] Auto renewal for AERC memberships - Peery, Sandra

Title: [RC] Auto renewal for AERC memberships
Why not have an option to pay a lifetime membership fee?  Several breed organizations offer this to members.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Michael Maul
Sent: Wed 2007-01-24 00:40
To: New_Aerc
Cc: ridecamp; AERC CT group
Subject: [RC] Auto renewal for AERC memberships

Angie,

you ask "Every year about this time I wish that AERC had an
automatic renewal until advised otherwise option. I guess US Rider
has it since I seem to have been automatically resubscribed by
them this year (it was fine with me, saved me the trouble). Since
I plan to rejoin AERC indefinitely, and every year I diddle around
getting to it, I think it could be good for them and us if we
could approve being billed automatically to our credit
cards. Any chance of that?"

It sounds like you received the dreaded Feb 1 dues reminder that I
just sent out to those unfortunate riders who have not gotten
around to renewing yet...:-)

It's certainly worth considering.  US Rider has a place that you
check auto renew that does this.

We could do this too if enough members are interested.  One of the
reasons we like to see you renew each year is that you *have* to
look at your records - *especially  your email address* - at least
once to update it if there are changes.

So how many of you would like an auto renew option for your
membership?

The membership committee is already considering a 3 year
membership with a small discount as an incentive.

Mike

PS - as long as I'm mentioning email addresses - about one email
in six is incorrect in our records.  Members change their ISPs and
don't update their AERC email address using their member's page or
by emailing the office.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS THAT AERC HAS FOR YOU and update
it.  Caps intended.

Also for those who have spam blockers that require the sender to
be on an accept list - please make sure sqlmail@xxxxxxxx is on
your approved list.