[RC] Broad & Shallow vs. Narrow & Deep - sherman

I prefer the old style as well. I do have high speed internet, but I just can’t seem to find things now. Too much information is hidden, IMHO. Is there any hope of reversing this change?

Kathy

It's OK.  I know something that may help convince John :-)

John, draw a finite state diagram of the user's interaction with
the old interface, then draw one of the new interface.

That is what the Xerox PARC computer-human interface people do.
The more nodes, the more loops, the less symmetric the picture,
the worse the interface is.

Linda M.