FW: [RC] problems with the study - Mike Sherrell

To me the focal point for investigation is the first article's statement,

"The authors site previous studies which show the "hospital admission rate

associated with equestrian activity is .49/1000 hours of riding. The rate when

motorcycle riding is merely .14/1000 hours."

I would like to know the basis for that. I also think the numbers to be useful need to add the death rate per 1000 hours of riding.

That said, this articles does convey a picture of what kinds of risks we face.

Regards,

Mike Sherrell
Grizzly Analytical
707 887 2919; fax 707 887 9834