[RC] Run Appaloosa Run - Beth Leggieri

Dear Youngsters,

If you are not gray-haired, you will not know of the  "Wonderful World of Disney" shows that ran on Sunday evenings (probably 50 minutes in length to allow for commercials) back in the late 50s and 60s.  I don't know where you'd find them these days--perhaps e-mail Disney for an archive of their Wonderful World of Disneys????

Our girls are now 25 and 28 -- when they were very young all those WWofD appeared on the Disney channel at 10 am daily, and we taped most of them (videotaping was the new technical wonder at the time).  They were the kinds of shows my husband and I grew up on (we are 58), and we were thrilled to have access to them for our girls.

Another one that was quite good featured the QH -- and again a woman was featured.  (Go girls!)  The Waggoner Ranch and the King Ranch were featured--and even Poco Bueno himself was in it.  For a little girl (me at the time the original appeared) who grew up in south Texas this was rich stuff --

Many other worthwhile ones taught the lore of the West -- "Sancho the Homing Steer" (based on a true story) featured the Chisholm Trail.

Hmmm, it would be great idea for Disney to pull those out of the vault.  Our current youngsters have no idea of our rich Western heritage . . . and surely many of us as children fed our desire to be out on the trail from exposure to some of those old Disney features.

Beth in Texas

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.