[RC] Knee Pain - Burnett, Elly

Title: Knee Pain

Hello fellow ridecampers-

I've been having knee pain while riding, and I'm finding that it's becoming consistently worse.  When I ride for longer than about an hour, I find that my entire right leg from the knee down goes numb.  Before the numbness, I have a pulling sensation on the inside of my right kneecap while posting.  I'm 25 and fairly fit from biking and some running, and think maybe this is some weird thing I'm doing in the saddle.  I've had people suggest I lengthen my stirrups, although I while searching the archives I found a suggestion to shorten them.  I don't think it's my saddle (or my horse) because it happens even when I'm riding other horses with different saddles.  Also, I ride in a Barefoot cheyenne, and I find my saddle has a tendency to gradually list to the left.

I'll mention this at my upcoming doctor's visit, but until then, I just wonder if anyone has any idea.

Thanks,
Elly