Re: [RC] [RC] starting horses late - Beth Walker

I agree with a lot of this. I had my old fellow, Shadow, his entire life. He was boarded in a standard stall, but from the time he was about 4 months old, my boyfriend and I would take him out to our local mountains each weekend with my boyfriends horse, and we would travel all over: hills, trails, rocks, etc. When it came time to ride him, he was the most balanced youngster I had ever been on, and starting him was no big deal. His whole life, he was one of the most sure-footed horses I've seen.