Re: [RC] Clarification - Beth Walker

I'm probably going to regret jumping into this issue, but I disagree. Horses can get sick, colic, or get hurt at any time. Sometimes, in retrospect, you can say: yes, I missed something - it was there, but I missed it at the time. In those cases, hopefully you learn something and don't repeat the error. However, sometimes there really wasn't any indication that there was a problem. I don't see the sense in saying "you should have caught it, seen it, or been clairvoyant" when there were no indications that anything was wrong.

I don't think that, if I am at a ride and see a horse hooked up to IVs, I have any business assuming that the rider did something wrong, or overrode the horse, or deliberately ignored a problem when I have absolutely no information about the situation. The determination of whether the rider was in error should be between the rider, the vet and ride management.