Re: [RC] AERC re: Dr. Q's comments - Truman Prevatt

Lisa, while I don't know if I'll follow your lead - however, I have considered it. The bottom line the AERC looks to me to be an organization without any mooring. A couple of directors didn't run last time because they were "fed up" with the AERC and/or AERC BOD.

The recent exchanges between Mr. Weary and Mr. Holland - was at least to say over the top. As a BOD member Mr. Weary has a responsibility to not engage in such - or if he does to very clearly state that his view is his and no reflection of the BOD. I read the exchange as a HWC committee member acting as "hit man" trying to intimidate a member from raising issues which IMO are very valid issues.

Bottom line while there are many professional people on the board - the BOD as a whole doesn't seem to act professionally as an organization.

So while I will probably re join next year, I understand why one would not given the events of the last few years. As a member I am concerned about the current direction of the AERC. If it doesn't turn around - I just may be joining you at some future date.

Clearly this is one member who is not very happy with the current direction of the AERC.

See you on the trail.

Truman

oddfarm wrote:

I ask this because I don't think I am renewing my membership next year. I don't think I can continue to support an organization, (which by the way IMO is NOT a "small amateur hobby sport" according to our financial records) that just can't seem to be consistent about important things and then continue to do other things that make no sense.

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard Feynman, Nobel Laureate in Physics