RE: [RC] GSFHR - Chris Paus

Thanks Dr. Q. As one who experienced a horrible and unexpected horse death right at my home, and who got sufficiently bashed on Ridecamp because of it, I try not to leap into the feeding frenzy when something bad happens.

sometimes a horse dies because someone made a horrible mistake, a bad choice, a wrong decision. Other times it's just plain "chit luck". for most of us,  when something goes horribly wrong, no outsider can possibly heap more guilt on us than we heap on ourselves.

you replay the incident in your mind one million times trying to get to a different outcome, but of course the ending is always the same.  It's been 6 years since my beautiful young horse died in my driveway, and I still see the events unfolding in front of my eyes and his left rear leg hanging off his hock by the skin. It's a picture that will never leave my mind. sometimes train wrecks happen right before our eyes and there's not a damn thing we can do about it but pick up the pieces afterwards.

I'm sure Teresa and Sandy will be seeing their tragedy over and over. I don't know who is to blame here for these horse deaths. We'll find out in time. Whether we as a group get the answers today or six months from now won't change the outcome.

And maybe this event's only purpose was to teach us something.. riders, rms and spectators, that we need to do better.

""And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." The Beatles
BayRab Acres http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Lake RegionSWA http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com

> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:11:21 -0700
> From: bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [RC] GSFHR
>
> Jim--
> How is the view from the cheap seats? You must remember that the
> entire death reporting system is inherently slowed by several factors,
> no matter who is running the show.

More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage. Get more!