Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 6:40 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] GSFHR

Julie,

Sadly, the ?facts? you get on the forums are probably all you are going to get.

Despite the fact that a record number (10) of horses died at rides in 2006, the AERC through the Horse Welfare Committee has not published ONE Individual Fatality Report on ANY of those horses, although the first fatality in 2006 occurred 16 months ago.

http://www.aerc.org/Vet_Fatality_Reports.asp

In 2004, Veterinary Committee Reports were shared with the membership.  In 2004, ?sanitized? HWC Individual Fatality Reports were published.  In 2006, we get a one line spreadsheet summary on each death.

Combine that with the fact that since the HWC was formed in 2003, we have had NO new rules or policies put in place to further protect the Welfare of the Horse, it appears that we haven?t come very far and we are going in the wrong direction.

This is what AERC has done that we should all be so proud of? I am not proud our record on Horse Welfare?.I am ashamed of it. Someone held accountable? I doubt it.