[RC] Santa Fe Clarification - David Fryer

I should have clarified my statements for anyone who misunderstood. I talked about the horses I applied HoofArmor to having sore pasterns the next day. I would suppose it may have been because, due to a lack of available stalls in the ride village, the horses were forced to stand in their slot on the slant 4-horse trailer all night after a 50 mile ride. That is my best guess, unless it was due to lack of conditioning. Their vet did not blame HoofArmor.

The story I told about the Easy Boots was from some people I did not know who came up to me and showed me their worn out Easy Boots and asked me to apply HoofArmor to the bottom of a new pair for the next day’s ride. I do not know if it helped or not. I am not slamming Easy boots, just stating my observation and what they said about the difference in materials.

Another potential problem I observed was that there was no farrier on staff at the Santa Fe Race. There was one farrier traveling with a team, but I think he was also a rider and not available for anyone. I know for a fact that there was one woman who wore out a pair of shoes in two days, could not find a farrier to replace them, and had to use a different horse. I don’t know what happened after that as I left early. Neither do I know what people using shoes did after 200, 300 or 400 miles; although I know some riders did their own shoeing.

If there are any more questions I can answer from what I observed I will gladly answer them. I was there to support one maybe two teams, and I was pretty busy. Thanks for allowing me to respond.

David Fryer

Better than barefoot,

www.hoofarmor.com