[RC] re: Duck's philosophy - Cindy Collins

For Beth, the best thing is to go to the XP website and read the Duck's own words about this issue.? There are no rules currently involved.? He is stating his belief that the sport may need to split into two?separate events...those that are rides and those that are "races."? It was well stated by Kat.? The few "races" in our sport cause unnecessary rules on the "rides" in our sport.? The "races" may need more rules.? The incredible safety record of the XP events, with huge numbers of entries over many years across many states, shows that for the majority of folks, one vet check per 50 miles, a unified philosophy, and the evil eye of a wise, old Duck on a motorcycle is a highly successful format and shouldn't have to suffer from the rule craziness of other events.

Cindy Collins