[RC] Accident, 2 quotes - terre

Rider Teresa Wilcox, 41, of Chadwick, Mo., disagrees that she and rider Sandy Olsen of Edmond, Okla., were a half-mile past the finish line.  her Wichita hospital room, Wilcox said she did not remember seeing
a finish line.

Wilcox was determined to win Tuesday, the ninth day of the race, as she  had already won two days of races.  As the crossed the finish line, she was laughing and waving. "When you're running that fast, they (the horses) are just flying,"  Wilcox said. "Both of us were just a smiling and all of a sudden I saw this car  and said Oh, crud. I hit that car and it was like hitting a wall. "