[RC] Allegany Shut Up and Ride (NE) Results - Patti Stedman

Hi Ridecampers.

As usual, much laughter and good times at the Fifth Annual Allegany Shut Up and Ride.  We're thinking of a 2008 date change, perhaps to late September or early October, so please let us know if you have suggestions or concerns.  We know we'll never find the perfect date, but we think the trails are better suited to cooler temperature riding (outside of hurricane season), and you can just imagine how beautiful it is at Allegany when the leaves are turning.  We're also hoping to add a 75 mile ride, so please let us know if this is something that interests you, and start spreading the word.

Here are the results from the ride (unofficial)

50 Mile Ride

33 started; 31 completed successfully

1 --  Valerie Kanavy
2 --  Luis Rivera (BC) -- also, first time endurance ride for the horse
3 --  Pam Karner
4 --  Deb Shaffer
5 --  Michael Dowe (High Vet Score)
6 --  Sarah Mohr (first 50 for horse and rider)
7 --  Kim Orr
8 -- Cathryn Rice
9 -- Dan Duffy
10 - Wendy Bejarano
11 - Christina Phillips
12 - Doug Lietzke
13 - Ranelle Kohut
14 - Berit Stonebrink
15 - Patti Pizzo
16 - Linda Carangia
17 - Cinnamon Becker
18 - Cia Reis
19 - Cory Navoy
20 - Connie Walker
21 - Peggy Thompson
22 - Mary Mast
23 - Helen Lynn
24 - Mary Coleman
25 - Georgia O' Brien
26 - Steven Hay
27 - Nicole Packard
28 - Karen Freer
29 - Holly Corcoran
30 - Kathy Calanni
31 - Marilyn Ogram (first 50 horse/rider)

30 Mile LD

24 started; 22 completed successfully

Nancy Kain (Ride Time 4:22)
Janet Smith (4:24)
Lisa Guthrie (4:34)
Deborah Knecht (4:35)
Kathy Sukalski (4:36)
Teresa Izer (4:36)
Tom Miller (4:41)
Carla Pleszewski (5:01)
Lisa Parshall (5:01)
Marilu Bailey (5:01)
Lynn Brunetto (5:08)
Andrea Bishop-Maas (5:09) -- Good Time Charlie Award
Rhyne Maas (5:09)  -- Lookin' Good Award
Lisa Russell (5:13)
Carisa Russell (5:13)
Linda McCandless (5:13)
Rebecca Bailey (5:15)
Barbara Jones (5:51)
JoAnne Fassbender (5:55)
Randi Jackson (5:56)
Gael Orr (6:20)
Deb McNicholas (6:21)

The riders took great care of their horses on a challenging day, with muggy weather which finally succumbed to some pretty intense rain in the late afternoon.  Bravo!  Only a couple of minor lameness pulls and no metabolic woes whatsoever.  (Phew.)

--Patti and Richard Stedman

Patti Ann Stedman, CHMM
Proactive Compliance Services Inc.
"A Common Sense Approach to Health, Safety and Environmental Training and Compliance"
716 560 8297