[RC] Unofficial Santa Fe Report - Team Estrogen - - FXLivestock

When I spoke with Laura this morning, she told me she thought that
many breed organizations were going to be writing articles on GSFHR.
My guess is that when the event is over, there will be alot of
articles, stories, pictures, etc. It's hard to believe that just a few
short years ago, this is the only kind of coverage that would be
available on an event like this. We are spoiled with the "live"
coverage we get from the Tevis, NC, etc.
     Laura is going to call me back this evening with today's update as I
couldn't take notes as I was out on the trail riding one of the horses. It seems we
can't get our facts straight when I am taking notes so there is no way
I can give a full report from our conversation :) Laura is not riding
today so I will try to get more general information from her when she calls back.
   I spoke with Suzy Kelley also this morning also, she is crewing for Scott
from Seattle. From her point of view the ride is going really well and
her rider, Scott, has not missed one day on the trail. Most of the
report I get from her is about how she and Debbie are trying get stuff
organized for Scott and care for the horses and move the rig and make
it back to the vet checks to crew for her rider. Serious fun!
     It sounds like everyone has adjusted to the caravan life. The one
thread that both Suzy and Laura mention every time I talk with them is
how supportive the "non endurance" communities have been for this
event. It seems that every town that the ride travels through is
supporting this event 100% from fixing dinners, to donating ride
awards, to even having homemade cookies and iced tea at a finish line
which was in the middle of no where. Laura told me that even the local
law enforcement patrolled the dirt road they were riding on to make
sure that the riders and horses were safe from any traffic. But
according to Laura, there wasn't any traffic at all on the road :)
     It sounds like this event is great PR for AERC and endurance
riding. Whatever the outcome and opinion is on this event when all is
said and done, one thing for certain is that the ride manager (and
those involved with him) have done a fabulous job introducing endurance
riding to the non endurance communities along the ride trail. Just
think of all the free PR endurance riding and AERC will get if articles
on this event are written for non Arab and non traditional endurance
publications.
Hopefully, will hear from Laura tonight and will have more details...