RE: [RC] flexible panel saddles - jorudo

David LeBlanc said : "The best thing I've ever done for my horse's back is get on a treadmill and literally work my ass off."

I laughed and laughed when I read this. Made my day.

Several years ago I had a chunky little Navajo mare I was trying to sell.  A lady called, and agreed to meet me at the Man aginst Horse near Prescott, as she lived on one side of the mountain, I lived on the other, and I was doing the 25. She came by after the ride was over, looked at the mare, and said "I'm really worried that my butt is bigger than hers is."  I thought "Lady, I can't help you there, but you do have a point." I wasn't too upset that she didn't even try her, much less buy her.

And yesterday I was at a cutting horse competition, and saw much of the same thing. The moves those horses make are so awesome, but some human girths were competing with the horses'.  How much easier and less straining it would be for the horses to make their moves if the people would lose some weight. Thank goodness the riders have a horn to hang onto, or that weight would be slamming the horses in the back, not to mention torqueing their joints even more than is being done in the natural course of the competition.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?