Re: [RC] Patriot Ride unauthorized info - Kassandra DiMaggio

Title: Re: [RC]   Patriot Ride unauthorized info
Things have changed overnight quite dramatically due to the winds from the east.  The fire split south east of our location and is coming up Cooks Crk.  They are evacuating residence as a precaution that are on the opposite side of that mountain ridge.  The winds are supposed to change this afternoon and send the smoke and fire easterly towards Susanville, clearing out the valley.

Our Forest Service adviser said our ride was authorized to go and the weather would send the smoke out of the valley, as it was the day before, leaving a clear sky and beautiful trails.  That was what we were hoping on before we made the determination to cancel or not.    But in light of the activity of the fire early this morning we made the determination to cancel the ride.

Centella Tuckers is in the process of notifying all the entrants by phone and email.  I am doing the same.

We are all very disappointed for everyone that was coming.  We had our largest registration ( double last year) to date!

Please keep us in mind for next year!

Thank you to everyone for supporting our ride.