[RC] Patriot Ride and Moonlight Fire - unofficial info - sherman

Ooops, my finger hit the wrong button on that first one! Let’s try again…

I know that many riders are wondering about whether the ride is going to be cancelled due to the nearby Moonlight Fire. If you go to www.yubanet.com and look at Today’s News  Plumas, NF, then go about three-quarters down that new page, you can see a satellite photo of the smoke plume. As long as the winds is blowing the smoke, whether it’s to the northeast  or to the southeast, it still leaves Greenville area clear.

I just talked to Cassandra and they will make a decision this afternoon, as early as possible. The reason nothing has been said yet, is that the trails, town, roads, etc., have not been impacted by the fire. The wind has been taking the smoke away, the first day to Susanville and on to Nevada, Idaho & Oregon. Then the winds shifted and the smoke went south towards Auburn, Sac, etc. Cassandra said to come to the ride & get out of the smoke! (:>) She has to find out if any spot fires during the night will change things, but as of now, she’s thinking it is still a possibility that the conditions will be good.

Either Cassandra or Centella will put a note on ridecamp when a final decision is made this afternoon.

Kathy