Re: [RC] cows - jorudo

Susan <glenn218@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Cows can jump high but not wide.  They walked right up to your fence and jumped it.  Foxhunters build coops over fences that are several feet wider at the bottom than they are tall...so a 3' coop could be 5' or 6' wide at the bottom.  Cows can't USUALLY jump a coop but horses find this kind of coop very inviting.

Yep, the first year I worked at the livestock auction, we were loading out a bull.  He decided he didn't want to go "that way", so he turned around, walked to a 6' high steel gate, looked up, and cleared it. He was a picture of grace, strength and elegance when he did it. I was amazed, and that picture will be burned in my brain forever.  If I could paint or draw, I'd put it on paper.