Fwd: [RC] Old Horses and weighing decisions......... - Hoovinit

--- Begin Message ---
When I was trying to make the hard decision to put down my old standard poodle (15 years old), my vet's words really helped me make that decision- he said it is the one last thing we can do for them; to take their suffering away. He also said don't wait too long, that many people do. I had him put my dog to sleep a week later. I haven't had to come to that decision yet with any of my horses, but having a 23 and a 26 year old, I know it is in the not too distant future.  But I will consider those same words from my vet when that time comes.

--- End Message ---